- Posted by Forward Emphasis
- On February 4, 2021
- 0 Comments
Every 4th February, World Cancer Day aims to save millions of preventable deaths each year by raising awareness and education about cancer and pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action against the disease.
This year’s World Cancer Day’s theme, ‘I Am and I Will’, is all about you and your commitment to act.
Our Time to Act is Now
World Cancer Day supporters around the world have been sharing their ‘I Am and I Will’ commitments – pledging bold and brave actions to reduce the impact of cancer. See below, how you can take part.
How it Works:
- Go to the website https://www.worldcancerday.org/21DayChallenge
- Choose one of the five challenges
- Sign up
- Every morning, receive an email with a new activity, inspiration, lesson, or prompt
- Get closer to fulfilling your ‘I Am and I Will’ commitment
Thank You And Well Done
To the ILH Team who took part in the Teamathon in November 2020.
The team raised €2,000 for a charity of their choice; Forward Emphasis contributed €3 for every overtime hour completed during the backlog. The team decided to recognise and support the Cancer Care West – Donegal Branch for all their hard work.
Below is a “Thank You” letter received from Cancer Care West: